Just a note
Jefferson Pub & Grill
Jefferson's is an upbeat, neighborhood place that's fun and affordable for the whole family. We hope to recreate some of the 'good ole days' when people baked their own bread and cranked up a batch of homemade ice cream by offering our customers the opportunity to eat really good, homemade food at a price that won't leave anyone out.
The Management of Jefferson;s believes that excellent food and excellent service above all else are the most important ingredients of success. We want to strive to give our guest the most enjoyable dining experience possible.
About the building
- This building was constructed in 1885 as a freight house for the Winona and St. Peter Railroads, later known as the Chicago and Northwestern Railroad. It was designed with one foot thick brick exterior walls and an elevated limestone foundation for ease of loading and unloading the railroad cars.
- In 1961 the Building was acquired by the Peeress Chain Company for use in its' production operation.
- In 1983, Frank and Cidi Zacher renovated the building and reopened it as a restaurant and bar known as Zach's On The Tracks.
- In 1994, it was once again refurbished, remodeled and reopened as Jefferson Pub and Grill.
- It is currently listed on the National And Minnesota Register of Historic Places.