This building was constructed in 1885 as a freight house for the Winona and St. Peter Railroads, later known as the Chicago and Northwestern Railroad. It was designed with one foot thick brick exterior walls and an elevated limestone foundation for ease of loading and unloading the railroad cars.
In 1961 the building was acquired by the Peeress Chain Company for use in its' production operation.
In 1983, Frank and Cindi Zacher renovated the building and reopened it as a restaurant and bar known as Zach's On The Tracks.
In 1994, it was once again refurbished, remodeled and reopened as Jefferson Pub and Grill.
In 2006 Chase & Wendy Hoffmann with their families purchased Jefferson Pub & Grill from Kent Jefferson.
It is currently listed on the National And Minnesota Register of Historic Places.
Contact Us Today!
58 Center Street
Winona, MN 55987
Click here to Email us